The First Year of a Church Plant - Jeremy Cook
Key Strategies for the first year:
· Be clear in your mind and heart.
· Use simple easy phrases.
· E.g. “We are focused on people who have never been to church.” Or “We believe in the truth of the Bible and the Power of God today.” Or “We are here for the least, the lost and the lonely.”
· Don’t use religious jargon.
2) Meet and invite people
· Set a goal to talk to people each day. There will be some amazing conversations.
· Create events to invite people to.
· Remember there will be disasters as well as successes.
· Keep meeting new people, keep gathering.
3) Identify and train leaders
· It will make life easier if you can do this.
· Identify and bring them into your life.